Can these be saved?

  • Thread starter Thread starter ab-774819
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

ab-774819

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 11, 2023
Messages
113
Reaction score
73
Location
Lexington
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I recently traded some mushrooms for these acanthophyllia due to them not being in the best condition. 1 of them is worse off than the other but I'm very hopeful they can be saved, just need some fellow reefer suggestions or tips. I recently had a pretty bad ALK spike of 12.9 that made 1 of them (the one I like more, of course) significantly worse. I got it under control but the damage has been done. Any advice would be really appreciated. I also would like to know if the flesh would eventually grow back over the skeleton? I've included photos of when I first got them and then from today. Thanks again.

20231030_111016.jpg 20231030_111021.jpg 20231110_090604.jpg 20231110_090547.jpg
 
So I recently traded some mushrooms for these acanthophyllia due to them not being in the best condition. 1 of them is worse off than the other but I'm very hopeful they can be saved, just need some fellow reefer suggestions or tips. I recently had a pretty bad ALK spike of 12.9 that made 1 of them (the one I like more, of course) significantly worse. I got it under control but the damage has been done. Any advice would be really appreciated. I also would like to know if the flesh would eventually grow back over the skeleton? I've included photos of when I first got them and then from today. Thanks again.

20231030_111016.jpg 20231030_111021.jpg 20231110_090604.jpg 20231110_090547.jpg
If I can save these, it'll be the trade of the century!!
 
So I recently traded some mushrooms for these acanthophyllia due to them not being in the best condition. 1 of them is worse off than the other but I'm very hopeful they can be saved, just need some fellow reefer suggestions or tips. I recently had a pretty bad ALK spike of 12.9 that made 1 of them (the one I like more, of course) significantly worse. I got it under control but the damage has been done. Any advice would be really appreciated. I also would like to know if the flesh would eventually grow back over the skeleton? I've included photos of when I first got them and then from today. Thanks again.

20231030_111016.jpg 20231030_111021.jpg 20231110_090604.jpg 20231110_090547.jpg
What mushrooms did you/ do you have
 
^ agreed, keep them in low flow and light. Im not sure you can get the fist one to eat but try feeding mysis.
I'm not sure how the guy I got them from saved the green ones mouth, but it sends out feeding tentacles and everything. The worse one seems to have a portion of its mouth still and I fed some mysis today that seemed to get eaten. Oh I hope miracles can come true lol
 
I'm not sure how the guy I got them from saved the green ones mouth, but it sends out feeding tentacles and everything. The worse one seems to have a portion of its mouth still and I fed some mysis today that seemed to get eaten. Oh I hope miracles can come true lol
That there my friend is a good sign, fingers crossed!
 
This is this afternoon. The more colorful one has stopped receding. Never wanted a coral to survive more than that one lol
 

Attachments

  • 20231110_170631.jpg
    20231110_170631.jpg
    181.7 KB · Views: 112
  • 20231110_170732.jpg
    20231110_170732.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 65
This guy is still kicking.. I can see small bits of flesh starting to grow back on the skeleton where it hadn't completely fallen off. I've been using brightwells line for coral care. Restor, koral-VM, and Koralcolor. Idk if it's helping but hopefully it isn't hurting. Its taking mysis easily and will hopefully continue to improve.
 

Attachments

  • 20231129_193423.jpg
    20231129_193423.jpg
    166.7 KB · Views: 60
  • 20231123_141605.jpg
    20231123_141605.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 63

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 4.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.9%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 18 14.3%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new