Can this acantophyillia be saved?

TheMysticGriffin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought an acantophyillia from the LFS and the acantophyillia coral had a fully exposed skeleton. The middle part of the coral (the part where the mouth and tentacles are) are fine but the entirety of the sides have revealed skeletons, no flesh at all. The LFS guy said that the coral will extend, is this true? If not, can this coral be saved?

OP
OP
T

TheMysticGriffin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was much smaller than the other acantophiyllia in the LFS but had the most beautiful colors, should I try to swap it or should I try to save it? It has a slightly open gaping mouth but the colors on the part which does have tissue is good.

Kellie in CA

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Can you post a pic? If the mouth is open that is generally not a good sign.
You can try low flow/low light and some good feedings. It may start to perk up.

OP
OP
T

TheMysticGriffin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello! Thank you for the reply, I cannot currently post a picture of the coral since I don't have my camera with me (I can post it later on in the day) but for now I have this reference picture. It looks exactly like this with all of the skeleton on the bottom showing, there is no flesh in the bottom part of the coral but the top part does have flesh and the colors of the coral are very vibrant, the only thing that concerns me is that it has its mouth gaping, this was the only one at the LPS that was not fully extended and was the same size when I bought it, should I swap it for another one or should I try to feed it and revive it? It has been 2 hours since I got the coral itself, can they retract this much into their skeletons?
1703027746356.png

Nitcrawler

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
KFC dip man from kungfu corals. I seen great thing happen. I personally did a whole tank treatment KFC dip twice.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 26.8%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 40 32.5%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 37 30.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back