Can this elegance be saved?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Dave-T
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Dave-T

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2022
Messages
970
Reaction score
506
Location
Boston
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this elegance 3 weeks ago at an LFS. The owner said he'd had it for 10 days. At the store, and for the first few days in my system it was happy, with tentacles extended. Then one morning it was shrunken and closed up, and has remained that way ever since. About a week ago I tried two consecutive days of a cipro bath, for about 3 hours per session. That didn't seem to help. Any ideas on how I can save it? It is (or was) absolutely beautiful - vivid yellow with pink tips.

My system is 350 gallons, about 2 years old. Parameters:
Alk: 8.5-9
Ph: 8.1-8.2
Nitrate: 12
Phosphate: .11

Elegance.png
 
I bought this elegance 3 weeks ago at an LFS. The owner said he'd had it for 10 days. At the store, and for the first few days in my system it was happy, with tentacles extended. Then one morning it was shrunken and closed up, and has remained that way ever since. About a week ago I tried two consecutive days of a cipro bath, for about 3 hours per session. That didn't seem to help. Any ideas on how I can save it? It is (or was) absolutely beautiful - vivid yellow with pink tips.

My system is 350 gallons, about 2 years old. Parameters:
Alk: 8.5-9
Ph: 8.1-8.2
Nitrate: 12
Phosphate: .11

Elegance.png
Usually with tissue recession like this I would say more likely than not this guy is done for unfortunately.
 
It's indo.
IME they don’t do well compared to the aussies. I don’t think this has anything to do with your husbandry. They are beautiful but this is a coral I avoid along with wall hammers.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new