Can this Scoly recover?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Gyarados
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Gyarados

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 10, 2022
Messages
79
Reaction score
33
Location
Sea-Tac
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I traded with a local reefer and he threw in this Scoly for free that he gave up on after a torch fell on it and began stinging the life out of it. I had the Scoly for a week now it don’t seem want to inflate or eat (no tentacles at night or when I feed other corals benepets). My question is; with the condition it’s in, does this Scoly have a chance in recovery? If so, any suggestions would be appreciated.

C5C4E60F-43C0-42EE-9F8D-BE7807BB3E5E.jpeg 8BF1C267-6FDB-42DB-8B12-4F29B452882B.jpeg DC300453-BDD6-4048-9048-DFA1E4914DA5.jpeg 4CCB8B93-F04F-4D40-8FCF-472E0258774E.jpeg
 
It can recover. I've seen some recover when you could barely see anything left on it. Just keep it in stable water and feed it.
 
Upvote 0
I’ve had one in worse shape that came back slowly, just let it settle in and try to feed it a little.
 
Upvote 0
What do you guys feed? I’m curious if maybe it will take a different food than what I’m try to feed it? (I use benepets, and everything in my tank eats it besides the Scoly)
 
Upvote 0
What do you guys feed? I’m curious if maybe it will take a different food than what I’m try to feed it? (I use benepets, and everything in my tank eats it besides the Scoly)
some LPS coral pellets could work
 
Upvote 0
Coral Frenzy small pellets
Thanks, I’ll give those a try. I’ve seen your thread on a rescued Scoly and was wondering if maybe you can show progress of that Scoly? It be nice to see a one year’s progress to get a glimpse of what to expect.
 
Upvote 0
Thanks, I’ll give those a try. I’ve seen your thread on a rescued Scoly and was wondering if maybe you can show progress of that Scoly? It be nice to see a one year’s progress to get a glimpse of what to expect.
CE639DE1-9CD5-4151-857F-22D51CF72380.jpeg
 
Upvote 1
Solution
May 2022 to Jan 2023. This is the second rescue, warpaint, which made it. Same pizza cut as the original one I posted in May but the frostbite didn’t make it.
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0
LPS should generally eat whatever pellets or frozen food you put on them. They can recover from tiny scraps of flesh, so, yeah, this one should be fine.
 
Upvote 0
May 2022 to Jan 2023. This is the second rescue, warpaint, which made it. Same pizza cut as the original one I posted in May but the frostbite didn’t make it.
Wow, that’s a nice recovery. I’ll just be patient with mine and take it slow. Thanks for sharing
 
Upvote 0
Yes, take it slow. All my LPS eatCoral frenzy pellets, once a week. I dose a small amount of phyto daily which I have seen an improvement in all coral. Also I’ve just started using an Oxidator and wow they get so fluffy, this is my third week.water is very clear.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new