Can this trumpet recover?

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It was damaged by a rock while I was catching a Sally Lightfoot. Can it recover? Anything I can do to help it?

997852EE-0D40-432F-B253-2F80897D273A.jpeg

Softhammer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be fine, calaustrea are resilient. If the worst happens, the other heads won’t be affected. The secret to those corals are food. Mysis, brine, chopped seafood of any variety. entice them to get feeder tentacles out with a small amount and then stuff them up. Youll have a hundred heads before you know it.

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It will be fine, calaustrea are resilient. If the worst happens, the other heads won’t be affected. The secret to those corals are food. Mysis, brine, chopped seafood of any variety. entice them to get feeder tentacles out with a small amount and then stuff them up. Youll have a hundred heads before you know it.
I have never seen a good feeding response from it. The tentacles look stunted. But it does seem to take reef roids. I could try some mysis though. Should I wait a day or two and then try?

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never seen a good feeding response from it. The tentacles look stunted. But it does seem to take reef roids. I could try some mysis though. Should I wait a day or two and then try?

I've never spot fed mine now or in the past. They can easily get all they need with available nutrients and proper light spectrum and intensity. Give them some years with stable water parameters, light and they will grow like weeds.

Two heads dieing back five years ago and now massive colony.

DSC_0121.JPG

Yours should recover in time.

OP
OP
hllb

hllb

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've never spot fed mine now or in the past. They can easily get all they need with available nutrients and proper light spectrum and intensity. Give them some years with stable water parameters, light and they will grow like weeds.

Two heads dieing back five years ago and now massive colony.

DSC_0121.JPG

Yours should recover in time.
Wow that colony is impressive! I’ve only got 3 heads and one is tiny. Of course the best one was damaged.

here it is when it was happy. The third head is hidden on the back

3FCDBFA7-FE8C-4683-A6EC-64B9145BDD24.jpeg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that colony is impressive! I’ve only got 3 heads and one is tiny. Of course the best one was damaged.

here it is when it was happy. The third head is hidden on the back

3FCDBFA7-FE8C-4683-A6EC-64B9145BDD24.jpeg

Thanks, yours should recover if it was looking that good before the damage.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 53 40.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 27 20.5%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 36.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.0%
Back