Bleached torch

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello,
Yesterday I bought a 24k gold torch coral and upon putting it into my tank noticed that it was not nearly as colorful as pictures I’ve seen, and was even less colorful than the other torches at the store. I realize now that it’s likely bleached, and now am wondering what the best practices would be to return its color, other than upkeep the environment’s health. Is there anything that I should dose to help it recover, other than the reef carbonate and nitrate dosing I currently do?
IMG_0111.jpeg

MERKEY

Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Low light and stable parameters and it should start to recover.

Don't change your tanks dosing to try and save a coral.

Get a specific tank for that set up like a QT so you don'tess with your display.

JustaSunday

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone have experience with polyp-lab polyp booster? Would this help the coral regain its zooxanthellae?
I've used polyp booster before but honestly couldn't tell much of what was happening, I was already using VM, Restor and Koralcolor from Brightwell so It might not have added much. I can say that I was able to bring back a half-dead micromussa using vm and restor (while also feeding it) as well as bring back the green in a half-bleached colony of gsp. I know its gsp so it mighta got its color back on its own but I like to think the additives played some role. Best bet is stable parameters like others said, after I got a dosing pump for afr everything got so much easier.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 35 16.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 6.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 28 13.0%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 124 57.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 14 6.5%
Back