Waterbox 50.3 AIO

Yang’s Blue Paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
50.3.jpg

Starting a new build this tank is the waterbox 50.3 AIO looking to transfer my rock from my IM 15 to the right side. Ya'll like the new rock structure? My first attempt at NSA structure. Looking to have a lot of space for the fish to swim in this tank.

The left side of the aqua structure will be SPS dominated while the right side will be LPS dominated.

CO2TLEY

Saltaholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the primes doing for you? I have a WB 20 that has 1 prime currently, thinking about putting a 2nd for SPS purposes in the future. Very nice scape

OP
OP
Yang’s Blue Paradise

Yang’s Blue Paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are the primes doing for you? I have a WB 20 that has 1 prime currently, thinking about putting a 2nd for SPS purposes in the future. Very nice scape
Screenshot_1822.jpeg
IMG_0142.png

The color is a bit different when I took that first pic but the par reading is very similar. So I get those number without using the whites at all. Definitely can push the par level to easily 400 with whites. But I like a blue look more so I’m sticking with these. My SPS will probably not have the most insane color in the right aqua scape. I’m sure they will do just fine. Can always add more light down in the future.

OP
OP
Yang’s Blue Paradise

Yang’s Blue Paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
February 2024 Update

Went through a whole ordeal with Biota Yellow Tang during this month. My first one did not acclimate to the tank and died in 2 days. I got a new one and it was dead on arrival. The new one is alive and eating well.

Order 11 corals from SBB during President's Day sales picked them up on 2/27, and are currently in my old IM 15g. It's going to be my frag tank from now on. They look fantastic!!! Especially the Holy Grail torch I got. It was "color downed" and it was fairly cheap with the sales. The torch was $200 with almost 2 heads now. Hopefully, I'll color it back up nicely with a higher par than what they kept it at 100 par which color downed it initially.

The ugly stage started to set in after a month of setup mostly on the left side of the tank due to high par intensity for SPS corals in the future. Picked up some Astera snails to deal with it. Currently in QT in my IM 15. Meanwhile, I will be scrubbing it down with a toothbrush here and there. My yellow tang seems to be happy eating those algae and not touching the nori too often.

in frag tank.jpg
yellow tank in tank.jpg

Question!!

Will it be ok to keep Yellow Tang long-term for more than a year or should I play it by the book and see how it goes?

This is a Waterbox50.3 3-foot tank with minimal rock work to allow more swimming space for my yellow tank. Don't plan on adding another fish to keep minimal aggression from my tang. I can post a side pic of the rock work if needed.

I originally planned on rehoming it in a year. The more I thought about it when it gets to around 4 inches I feel like my rock scape still allows large swimming space for the tang. Currently is roughly 2.5 inches.

Thank you for taking your time to read this!

jfur

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Screenshot_1822.jpeg
IMG_0142.png

The color is a bit different when I took that first pic but the par reading is very similar. So I get those number without using the whites at all. Definitely can push the par level to easily 400 with whites. But I like a blue look more so I’m sticking with these. My SPS will probably not have the most insane color in the right aqua scape. I’m sure they will do just fine. Can always add more light down in the future.
Is the PAR pretty even on both sides with only difference being height of the rocks?

OP
OP
Yang’s Blue Paradise

Yang’s Blue Paradise

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cool! And what do you have running for the flow?
I’m running an AI Nero 3 and a hygger mini 530 GPH wave maker. They on the opposite side creating a circular flow. I will be upgrading the hygger to another Nero 3 in the future I might I would like the flow to be stronger so they don’t collect as much in the back. But so far the flow is pretty much perfect. Although I will probably need to add more when I have sps growing. The AI Nero 3 is on a random mode between 65%—50% if I go any higher my torch gets blown around a little more than I like.

below in this link shows an general flow pattern on my tank.

My Instagram

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back