Can to much flow cause rtn?

FIN&BONEZ

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did my routine maintenance yesterday, all my parameters are just where I like and woke up to this. I did realize last night that a pump I had moved to clean behind was blasting this guy for about three hours or so. Seems like all the damage is only on the side that was getting the crazy flow. Color on the other side is great with polyps out. The only change besides the pump mistake was dropping my halides down to 175 from 250 a week ago to acclimate some new arrivals. I've been growing sticks on and off for 20 years and have seen slow rtn in the past but nothing this quick? Any ideas? IMG_0326.JPG IMG_0325.JPG

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did my routine maintenance yesterday, all my parameters are just where I like and woke up to this. I did realize last night that a pump I had moved to clean behind was blasting this guy for about three hours or so. Seems like all the damage is only on the side that was getting the crazy flow. Color on the other side is great with polyps out. The only change besides the pump mistake was dropping my halides down to 175 from 250 a week ago to acclimate some new arrivals. I've been growing sticks on and off for 20 years and have seen slow rtn in the past but nothing this quick? Any ideas? IMG_0326.JPG IMG_0325.JPG
Yup. I sat my Walt Disney in the path of my return nozzle and pressure washed a section down to the skeleton.
I was very fortunate that it didn’t kill it. And, though it’s been slow, it’s slowly showing growth after six months of nothing.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back