can you name these coral?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Ballyhoo
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Ballyhoo

Well-Known Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 16, 2024
Messages
840
Reaction score
228
Location
san diego
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i'm especially interested in the name of the middle one which is kind of like a meat coral, the one on the left I believe is actually an SPS and the one on the right I believe it's referred to as a space invader? I'm not sure but I'm especially interested in the middle one. Tje small yellow one in the background and crusted on a rock. I'm not sure what that is.

THANKS!!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg
 
tricky to ID what you want us to since your pictures show us a variety of things, and its a bit blurry once zoomed in. from what i can see, i see:

space invader pectinia, meat coral that looks like its dying (perhaps a trachy or wellso), the "SPS" is likely an encrusting montipora(sunset or sunrise monti?) or maaaaaaaaaaaybe a leptastrea
 
so the meat coral looks like it's dying? i think i may have it under too high of light setting.
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 5 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 15 20.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 21 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 12.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.5%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 8.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new