Can You Use A FS-25 to Measure Volume Through an RO System

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

jlfalin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As the title says I am looking to measure the volume that goes through my RO prefilters so that I can better measure when I need to change them. I know they have several separate products on the market that would allow my to measure this but I would like to use my apex if I am able.

My question is, can the apex tell me how much water has went through my RO filter using the FS-25?

The sensor is reading flow and it keeps track of the time that flow is going through the sensor so it makes sense that it could monitor area under the curve and give a volume. Just because his seems like it should and that it would be easy to figure out still doesn't mean the apex will give me the numbers I want which would be gallons. So have any of you ever done this. I would like to have a highly automated RO/DI system that sends me alerts after the prefilters have processed so much water.

My other goals with the project are to have an automatic backflush for membrane descaling, a bypass to dump the first minute of water to help with TDS creep. This would also be used to flush new prefilters and RO membranes. I will also have a conductivity meter to measure water between DI stages and will shut the system down and alert me once TDS is making it through the resin. Overall should be a cool project to help ensure I am making quality RO/DI water.

OP
OP
J

jlfalin

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally found my answer after much more searching, seems I cannot get a reading of total volume. Kind of disappointing that a system like the apex cannot do a simple integral or just average flow x time to give a estimated volume if desired. Oh well still love my Neptune products.

Tentacled trailblazer in your tank: Have you ever kept a large starfish?

• I currently have a starfish in my tank.

Votes: 35 30.2%
  • Not currently, but I have kept a starfish in the past.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • I have never kept a starfish, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 26 22.4%
  • I have no plans to keep a starfish.

Votes: 24 20.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.9%
Back