Candy Apple Morph?

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

I got these new morphs thinking they were Red Galaxies/Bloodhunters, something I already had. But the longer I looked at them the more and more they didn't seem to be the same, it didn't sit right with me. I noticed the greenish hue in the center vs black in red galaxy/bloodhunters and that they had a greenish tip, typical of the candy apple morphs. It's got that blue mouth as well.

Any ideas on what they are? It really does look like it would belong in the candy apple family of palys.

But there's no yellow. Just blue mouth, tiny ring of green and then BAM, solid orange/red everywhere. And then the skirt is the typical orange/red with black bandings and then green tip.

Pics time:
(Sorry for the bright light, they're in my frag tank for photo shooting):

Here's a colony shot:
CAMorphColony.jpg

Close Up:
CACloseUp.jpg

You can see the green marks on the skirts, typical of the candy apple morphs and the solid lines of color in the center, along with the blue mouth.

And for good measure, a pic with a tile for realistic color comparison, which I tried my best to get.
CATile.jpg

Thanks my fellow zoa nerds! :)

Last edited:

NanoNathan

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they look amazing!! send them to me and ill inspect them for you ;) you going to frag any off there?

RichieT

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rich negret has something that looks similar IMO on eBay. Full metal jackets I believe. I could be wrong though. Check out his completed listings

OP
OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they look amazing!! send them to me and ill inspect them for you ;) you going to frag any off there?
Thanks Nathan! I don't even know what they are yet, but def a fav of mine atm.

They look like the beautiful apple cider colored child of candy apples haha
Apple ciders eh? :)

like the skirts
They look just like CAR variant skirts.

Rich negret has something that looks similar IMO on eBay. Full metal jackets I believe. I could be wrong though. Check out his completed listings
I can't find any of his listings on ebay, but would be cool if it's Metal Jackets. A google search gave me these:
$T2eC16dHJGoE9nuQg2FNBP84E43)8g~~60_35.JPG

OP
OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I noticed the pics are pretty washed out. I'll try to get better pictures tonight.

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I used to have a similar zoa called red galaxy. Miss having them...

Hit me up for a trade sometime.

OP
OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Those things are sweet!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LMK if you plan to frag.
Thanks! Idk about frags yet, the green needs to become more prominent!

I used to have a similar zoa called red galaxy. Miss having them...

Hit me up for a trade sometime.
I think I have red galaxies, here's the ones I have. Love the skirts! The centers get speckled sometimes. I'd be down for a trade, once I learn to ship!

redgaxcolclose.jpg

redgaxcolclosesideways.jpg

Close up:
redgaxcolclose2.jpg

Last edited:

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If theyre not red galaxy then theyre extremely similar. Im not seeing the green oral disk, just the mouth. Not that I'm trying to downplay or put a value on your coral, just properly identify it. They were fairly common a couple of years ago but latel I havent seen too much of them. Nice find.

OP
OP
buddythelion

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If theyre not red galaxy then theyre extremely similar. Im not seeing the green oral disk, just the mouth. Not that I'm trying to downplay or put a value on your coral, just properly identify it. They were fairly common a couple of years ago but latel I havent seen too much of them. Nice find.
You're right on that, they're diff after a second look. The galaxy also has speckled not just near the mouth but where the straight red stripes are on mine as well. I like your bowser pic, but when you had the car vs cao vs bowser pic the part I liked the most was that are between the center and skirt, how it just was solid orange (from what I can recall). Can't see that in your avatar pic. :)

Akwarius

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry I dont follow you there. Any variation between my avatar and the picture you are referring to is likely due to comparing a frag to a healthy mother colony.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.6%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 73 46.5%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back