Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The pair...

For everyone's viewing pleasure:

Liopropomacarmabi.jpg

As expensive as this is, if you're "into these fish" (or fish in general ;) ), Jon's absolutely right that these were not a bad price... hence the reason this pair was snatched VERY quickly.

Hmmm... maybe next time :still_dreaming:

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Something that hasn't been mentioned on this thread yet is that they are known to be quite reclusive.
Initially yes, but everyone I know that has one said once they're comfortable they're out all the time (in a proper setting of course).

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would definately consider snatching up this beauty if I wasn't in the process of breaking down two tanks and resetting them back up...one is an upgrade (70g to 120g) and the other a downgrade (60g to 34g nano). Hmmmmm, looks like it has been around since mid May. Maybe it will still be available when I would be ready to add it. Something to ponder :D.

On the care side of things, since it is such a deep water fish I would assume it prefers cooler water. Yes???

stunreefer

Reef Hugger
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Austin you should grab it up, it is perfect for your NPS reef, no?
Absolutely perfect... but don't tempt me ;) I still need a light, LOL

When I'm ready, if another pair comes through, I might be in trouble :tongue:
On the care side of things, since it is such a deep water fish I would assume it prefers cooler water. Yes???
Most people I know that have them keep them in an SPS reef ~78*F, however I wouldn't recommend keeping them much higher than that... their range of temp can vary, but's generally 72*-78*F

Last edited:

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I usually keep my reefs between 78-79, but in the summer temps tend to creep up to 80ish on hot days, even with the controllers. Sometimes I hate these boards...always pointing things out that I hadn't noticed then I get the idea and can't let go of it ;), hehehehe.

Nate82

Paitence Sucks...
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info. I usually keep my reefs between 78-79, but in the summer temps tend to creep up to 80ish on hot days, even with the controllers. Sometimes I hate these boards...always pointing things out that I hadn't noticed then I get the idea and can't let go of it ;), hehehehe.

haha I couldn't agree more!

racerw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I absolutely love that fish....There are to many thing I want right now:(

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 70 44.3%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 74 46.8%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 14 8.9%
Back