Candy cane coral color

nick654377

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 21, 2021
Messages
158
Reaction score
37
Location
macomb
What state or country do you live in
Michigan
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We have been hitting the ugly stage in our tank and I’m not sure if it’s due to the diatoms or what but our candy canes are looking a little sad. I’m not sure if it’s the diatoms or if I’m blasting them with too much light.

we are using a reefbreeders at 12 inches above the water with max at 25%. Everything else seems to be happy. First picture is of a good one in our tank. Second is the bad one. I feed reefroids once or twice a week by direct feeding.

348E494D-8793-4052-A47E-1C6A1E6DD3D5.jpeg 48E72AE6-2543-47AF-954E-97D1D5D806E7.jpeg
 

Attachments

  • AA94F941-F30D-44FF-94F9-7E49F9553135.png
    AA94F941-F30D-44FF-94F9-7E49F9553135.png
    312.1 KB · Views: 56
First salt yes. We have fresh as well too.
 
First salt yes. We have fresh as well too.
Oh ok. Well welcome to the other expensive fish tank hobby. Best advice I can give you is maintain stability in your alk, cal and mag and test for No3 and Po4 at least once a week.
 
I do a full test every other day. Calcium is usually 425-460 alk is 9.8-10.2 mag is always 1320-1350.
This is by far much easier than discus so I’m happy.
 
Do not place in sand as sand will irritate it. lower third of tank best under moderate light and water flow and feed it mysis shrimp 1-2x weekly
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new