Candy cane coral heads gone

muggle0981

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 24, 2019
Messages
1,439
Reaction score
819
What state or country do you live in
Illinois
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday-candy cane coral heads full, bloated and puffy

Today all 3 heads 100% gone, see them sitting on bottom of aquarium

calci 450
Alk 8
Magnesium 1300
Salinty 1.026
ph 8.1
Nitrate 15

anothwr set of candy canes look ok-rest of corals look ok

only change was added in 1 branch of liferock, orangy spiney gorgonian and duncan frag this weekend
 
Assuming it is 100% dead
 
I think I found my issue. The "RO" water I buy from the grocery store filling station has a Mg level of 400. That is what I use in my top up which uses about 12 gallon a week. Cant believe I didnt think to test the dang RO water.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 6.1%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 22 19.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 32.2%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.9%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.8%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new