Candy coral not looking so good

smokey91052

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 23, 2016
Messages
42
Reaction score
16
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
f661f5dc5260b9b4d2b2a4d0df122bc8.jpg

My candy coral is usually all puffed up and doing great up until a few days ago. Parts of the skeleton is showing through the tissue. I have been dosing reef fusion 1&2 to get my calcium and KH/Alk up a little higher.
My parameters are
Salinity 1.023
Temp 77.7
PH 8.1- 8.2
Calcium 360
KH/Alk 9.3 dkh 3.30 meq/l
Mag 1170
Nitrate 5.0-10 ppm
Ammonia 0
Nitrite 0
I hope they will bounce back. If anyone has any suggestions or advice I would love to hear it!
 
I would stop dosing the products and resume routine water changes. Tissue recession in lps in often related to an imbalance of water chemistry ime. The ratios look out of wack (not too scientific) but I would bring the SG up to 1.025 and replenish lower Ca and mag levels with water replacements.
 
Last edited:
Ok, i already put 2 and 2 together and figured that was my problem but wanted a 2nd opinion. I do 10% water changes weekly on a 55gal tank, but I can't seem to keep my Calcium above 380. Alk and PH are always rock solid at those numbers. Are there any other routes I could go for calcium along with water changes?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 7 24.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 20.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 3.4%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new