Cannibalistic Bumblebee Snail?

  • Thread starter Thread starter PotatoPig
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

PotatoPig

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 7, 2023
Messages
1,471
Reaction score
1,467
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
Virginia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do bumblebee snails attack/eat each other?

I ask as I put three in my tank a few weeks ago, all very much alive. Next morning one was on top of another and stayed there for about a week, then when it left there was an empty shell, then it caught up with the other, and same again. So now I have one left that looks a lot like it ate it’s fellow bumblebee snails.
 
Bumblebee Snails are carnivores. If there isn't enough meaty food in your tank for them, they will certainly attack, kill and eat other smaller creatures.
 
Snails/crabs will eat other if no food available, if your aquarium is new try algae flakes, crab cuisine, these are supplements if no algae present for them to eat
 
This is after adding a small piece of algae flake today, one crab grabs it and it's like a rugby/ superbowl lol :)

(I can't upload video so I took a screenshot)
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_2023-03-29-20-06-52-92_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    Screenshot_2023-03-29-20-06-52-92_99c04817c0de5652397fc8b56c3b3817.jpg
    170.7 KB · Views: 74

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new