Cannot connect 3 Neptune WAV pumps to EB832

  • Thread starter Thread starter WhyMe?
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

WhyMe?

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 26, 2023
Messages
109
Reaction score
15
Location
Jupiter, FL
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Slowly setting up 540g tank, been running smaller tank for couple years now.
I have THREE EB832 Energy Bars and 9 Neptune WAV pumps.
I am connecting WAV pumps via the THREE 1LINK ports on each EB832. I am not using separate 1LINK module.

All 3 WAV pumps are recognized on EACH EB832, but only 2 are operational. I have swapped WAV pumps to different 1LINK ports also.
I even put all 3 WAV pumps in AUTO mode with ONE constant speed of 25% and still only 2 WAV pumps work.
I thought, maybe, all 3 WAV pumps at 100%, the EB832 could not handle.

What am I missing here? Sure something simple. Per EB832 literature, the 3 1LINK ports should all be operational and should be able to power and use 3 WAV pumps.
In summary, EACH EB832, I can only use TWO 1LINK ports, not all THREE.
If EB832 cannot handle all 3 WAV pumps, I will purchase a separate 1LINK module.

Any help appreciated.
 
Hey there, did you figure out how to connect? I do know when I had problems in the past, I would reach out to Neptune Apex support and they were right on it, responded, and very helpful.
 
Did you resolve your issue? The 1Link Module and EB832 have a max load of 100 watts.
3 x 30w WAV pumps should work. This detail is in the COR User Manual:
The EnergyBar 832 and the 1LINK module each have three 1LINK ports; any of those 1LINK ports may be used. However, if you also have WAV pumps and/or DC24 accessories, and other 1LINK and DC24 devices such as WAV and PMUP pumps on a single EnergyBar 832 or 1LINK module, calculate the total possible load of all connected 24VDC devices. Do not exceed the maximum 24VDC load of the EB832 or 1LINK module, which is 100 watts. Add another 1LINK module or EB832 if necessary.

• The COR15 may draw up to 60 watts
• WAVs draw up to 30 watts
• PMUP draws approximately 17 watts
• DŌS draws up to 22 watts
• Trident draws approximately 15 watts
• GRO draws approximately 20 watts
 
Interesting data @fugitiveALiEN. I believe the issue was the WAV pumps. I have 4 Energy Bars running but only one EB832 is using the 3 1Link ports, no issue. The 2nd EB832 is using 2 1Link ports, no issues.
IN sump area, only have 2 WAV pumps being used. I will have to keep this in mind if using all 3 ports. I have nothing else hooked up to the 1 Link ports YET. Appreciate the reply.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 11 39.3%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 4 14.3%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 3.6%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new