Cannot get Calcium or KH Powder to Fully Disolve!

SeeGeeSea

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all - I'm using Seachem's Reef Builder for alkalinity and Reef Advantage for calcium but whenever I mix either - no matter how long or how aggressive, I always get undissolved power at the bottom of my ATO. I'm mixing them individually and in a separate container before adding them to the ATO. Even 72 hours later I can still see aggrigate swirling in the tank too. Any suggestions?

GoVols

Cobb / Webb - 1989
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all - I'm using Seachem's Reef Builder for alkalinity and Reef Advantage for calcium but whenever I mix either - no matter how long or how aggressive, I always get undissolved power at the bottom of my ATO. I'm mixing them individually and in a separate container before adding them to the ATO. Even 72 hours later I can still see aggrigate swirling in the tank too. Any suggestions?

Your supposed to keep cal and alk separate, or their ions will bind together and cause precipitation.

YankeeTankee

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am not familiar with those products or your setup but would suggest you reevaluate how you supply calcium and alkalinity. If you're looking for a quick answer here I'd suggest calcium chloride and soda ask from BRS and follow the directions. Figure out what your demands are by testing. If you would also like to supply some ca/alk via ATO then you can use kalkwasser, start off with 1 teaspoon per gallon.

I'll just repeat this, I'd switch to the simpler cacl and soda ash, figure out your needs, you likely dont need to be adding anything to your ATO. This will be cheaper anyway.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 75.6%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 6 14.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.9%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.4%
Back