Cannot get Doser Wi-Fi working

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

bugzy

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello All. I have been trying for more then 12 hours to get my doser and kh director to broadcast wi-fi so i can get them connected to myGHL app. I have direct connected via usb to the doser, done all the wi-fi stuff i can do but it will not broadcast anything. I'm at a real loss. The Profilux was a 6 hour adventure to get working but this is even more frustrating. I have watched videos, read any piece of documentation i could find, tried updating the dosers firmware (that keeps failing to install). Any help would be appreciated (also submitted a ticket).

FishyFishFish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I tried everything as well to get my 2.1 doser to connect. Finally, without me doing anything in particular, it sort of started working on its own.

Now, when I try to connect via WiFi, it works about 1/3 of the time.

I have no idea how WiFi works but one of the problems I had was nothing showing up when I searched for networks, but if I entered the SSID and key in manually it found the network. Later I went back into the software and looked, sometimes it would find my network, mostly it didn’t.

It works ok for me as I only need to update the dosing schedules every so often and tell it when I have refilled the dosing containers. If I was reliant on the WiFi I would be very annoyed!

This probably doesn’t help your situation but I’m not convinced that the WiFi connectivity of these units is very good. I certainly don’t have the same issues when trying to connect my phone(s) to my network!

Ditto

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@FishyFishFish - Sorry your having issues with the connectivity. Are you running a meshed network 2.4 and 5mhz with the same SID and password? Have you updated the firmware on the Doser?

I had issues with mine and connectivity when I had the same SID and password for 2.4 and 5mhz and smart roaming enabled where it would attempt to change between the two frequencies.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.5%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.2%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back