Canon D1 Mark 3?

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What do you guys think about the Canon D1 Mark 3...I was wondering why it has dropped in price so much? I know the Mark 4 is out and that one can shoot video and the mark 3 cant and the mark 4 can do much more, but I am just curious on what you guys thought about the mark 3...I have a chance to get one for crazy cheap and was wondering if I would even need that much camera..,I have a T2i right now and it works fine, I came across the mark 3 for so cheap it's hard to pass up..I also wanted to know if the mark 3 will take EF style lenses?

twinspots_goby

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is it brand new or used? If it's used, then price should be dropped a lot.

brianbigoats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Price on the 1Dmark III has dropped because it is 2 Generations old the the replacement for the 1Dmark IV comes out in march. The 1D mkIII is a huge camera compared to you T2i it has magnesium body and weighs about 2.5 lbs compared to a little over 1 lbs for you current camera. It will use EF lens but not EFS

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the info...what do you think is a good price used? I can pick this one up for a lil over 1000...is it worth it? I know it is much better then my lil t2i but for just shooting my tank the t2i works well. I guess my question is will I even use this camera for what it's worth? I thought the price was crazy low so it has caught my attention. I would end up keeping both cameras and using my t2i foe video..the guy also has a cannon ew-83f 24x70 lens he said he would throw in for cheap if I bought both...I really want that lens anyways..all I have right now is my stock t2i lens and a canon 100 macro

brianbigoats

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They go for around 2000 on B&H the lens goes for about 1000 if the deal sounds to good to be true it is. these cameras a professional so they well used not babied like we do you would be better of getting some better glass

clowns101

Clown and Anemone Crazy!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You see them used generally around $1,850. They are not a bad camera, ISO is not as good as the 1D MK IV, but it is comparable to the 7d as far as I understand, even though the 7d has a better scensor IIRC.

The price drop I thought was weird to, but there are two more cameras that are just better than it, or said to be. IV and 1dX, so we will see when the 1dX comes out, how much better it is, 2-4 frames more per second than the 10 FPS of the 1d MK 3 and MK 4.

The 1d line of cameras will accept all Canon lenses, but the EF-S mounts, personally, I don't understand why Canon has the EF-S mounts, I think its stupid, lol. Im not sure how good it is as shooting aquariums, but I know its good at shooting sports with 10 FPS.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 8.3%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 42 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 161 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 4.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.5%
Back