Damsel Injury or Disease?

CloudReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, just finished a 4 week quarantine (no meds, had a leopard wrasse in QT too and wanted to avoid meds) on this C. springeri. I just added it to my DT where it's been for a couple of days.

I noticed it has two marks on its right side. I know it's gotten into some minor scuffles with my large banggai and lawnmower blenny at first (calmed down now though), and it showed no sign of sickness in QT so I'm hoping these are just some scrapes vs. some sort of parasite or disease. I'm not real experienced with fish diseases etc. so was hoping for a veteran set of eyes here. :)

You can mostly see the marks when the fish is quartering away from you, when the light hits it just right.

No flashing against rocks, respiration is regular, poop is good, appetite is huge and color is vibrant. Other fish that went through QT are fine.

Two of the pics are to show the fish's general look/health and don't have mark ups. Otherwise red circles indicate what I'm looking at.

Thanks!

marks.jpg marks2.jpg marks3.jpg marks4.jpg marks5.jpg PXL_20240326_192656262.jpg PXL_20240326_194525255.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Hello, just finished a 4 week quarantine (no meds, had a leopard wrasse in QT too and wanted to avoid meds) on this C. springeri. I just added it to my DT where it's been for a couple of days.

I noticed it has two marks on its right side. I know it's gotten into some minor scuffles with my large banggai and lawnmower blenny at first (calmed down now though), and it showed no sign of sickness in QT so I'm hoping these are just some scrapes vs. some sort of parasite or disease. I'm not real experienced with fish diseases etc. so was hoping for a veteran set of eyes here. :)

You can mostly see the marks when the fish is quartering away from you, when the light hits it just right.

No flashing against rocks, respiration is regular, poop is good, appetite is huge and color is vibrant. Other fish that went through QT are fine.

Two of the pics are to show the fish's general look/health and don't have mark ups. Otherwise red circles indicate what I'm looking at.

Thanks!

marks.jpg marks2.jpg marks3.jpg marks4.jpg marks5.jpg PXL_20240326_192656262.jpg PXL_20240326_194525255.jpg
Looks like a bite or mechanical injury which should heal on its own however keep an eye on it for healing and not becoming sore or infected. It would not be bad to have some seachem neoplex or Ruby Rally pro on hand should it become red or sore

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 37 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 135 58.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 6.9%
Back