Can't get BRS Jumbo CO2 Scrubber to work

  • Thread starter Thread starter philsoc
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

philsoc

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 8, 2019
Messages
2
Reaction score
0
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hooked it up to the venturi tube for my Skimmer valve - but after weeks, the brand new media still isn't changing color. Any ideas?
 
You can base whether or not the media is exhausted by the results. If your pH continues to show the same daily improvement, that indicates you are still good and the media is not exhausted and may still be white. If the pH is trending lower, the media may be exhausted and need to be replaced. Color change is a good indicator, but your pH will tell you more.
 
Last edited:
My point is - the media, brand new out of the bag, never changed colors. And the pH never went up. I'm wondering if it would require a more powerful pump on the skimmer to draw in more air...
 
I have a Reef Oct (I think) skimmer 12" on a 220 tank. From what I saw, doing a closed-loop system was the best thing to do with it. I did order the specialty cap for the skimmer. I found a part on Amazon that screwed into the CO2 scrubber. I then had another piece lying around. It made it a closed-loop system. PH got to 7.88. This is only for a few days of use on the tank.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 8 44.4%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 16.7%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 5.6%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 2 11.1%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 11.1%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new