Cant raise ph to save my life.

SCiMMiA

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So every since I started my tank my ph has sat at 7.8 no matter what I do it will not go up. I have a protein skimmer, air stone, refugium, tried open windows and a fan blowing on the tank but even with just one person home (lower co2 production) the ph stays sitting at 7.8
What are other methods to easilly raise the ph? This is my only perameter that is giving me issues all the other ones are in a good range and stable.
I am also using api test for this and salifert/hanna for the rest. Could this be why?
Thank you for tips!

Check this thread:

Jots

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So every since I started my tank my ph has sat at 7.8 no matter what I do it will not go up. I have a protein skimmer, air stone, refugium, tried open windows and a fan blowing on the tank but even with just one person home (lower co2 production) the ph stays sitting at 7.8
What are other methods to easilly raise the ph? This is my only perameter that is giving me issues all the other ones are in a good range and stable.
I am also using api test for this and salifert/hanna for the rest. Could this be why?
Thank you for tips!
Since that is the only parameter you are wanting to raise, I agree with dosing Kalk either in your ATO or manually dosing. Keep an eye on your Alk when dosing because it does raise both and it’s a gradual process and don’t look for immediate results. Be content with it slowly raising because what I’ve witnessed is an adverse effect when trying to raise it too quickly is spiking in alk and see some bleaching of corals.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Stable more important than Low

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 23 85.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 7.4%
Back