Captive-Bred Elegance Coral Breakthrough

• Thread starter 131696
  • Start date
  • Tagged users None

View Badges
Now you can spawn your own Elegance corals at home,it's in new coral magazine .1 day we won't need the ocean for any coral ,we will all know how to do it ourself and the ocean can repair itself ,and all corals will be 5 dollars no matter what kind it is..lol
Manipulation of annual temperature and solar cycles alongside monthly lunar cycles creates a system that enables us to observe up to 12 spawning events per year for each of our target species. We need moon spawning fixture in our lights that will help us do this ,We need new lights to have this option.
C9587FE3-1A1B-41A9-A596-07558EB5306A.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Rmckoy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There was a article in coral magazine about spawning acro .

I posted a thread here but not sure if it’s been done in captivity yet.

Would be great if it was easier to manipulate

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I guess I need to read the article.
Hey, just wanted to comment here - I just discovered your long running thread about snorkeling in Florida. Thanks for providing a way for me to live vicariously through you...I'm a bit far from tropical waters. I especially enjoyed reading your rock flower anemone stories.

Elegance are beautiful corals that provide just about everything someone looking for a specimen lps would want. Any news about this being reproduced without affecting wild stock is great in my eyes. If this becomes scalable to vendors, it's great for the hobbyist wallet as well.

Ron Reefman

Lets Go Snorkeling!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey, just wanted to comment here - I just discovered your long running thread about snorkeling in Florida. Thanks for providing a way for me to live vicariously through you...I'm a bit far from tropical waters. I especially enjoyed reading your rock flower anemone stories.

Glad you enjoyed the thread. My wife and I just got back to the motel after snorkeling for the 2nd day. Sometime this weekend I'll be posting more photos there!

BTW, I just noticed you are in metro Detroit. I grew up in Birmingham and lived in several other areas before getting transferred to Columbus, OH. It's a small world!

Wasabiroot

Valonia Slayer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad you enjoyed the thread. My wife and I just got back to the motel after snorkeling for the 2nd day. Sometime this weekend I'll be posting more photos there!

BTW, I just noticed you are in metro Detroit. I grew up in Birmingham and lived in several other areas before getting transferred to Columbus, OH. It's a small world!
Indeed! I worked in Birmingham up until a month ago, and went to Ohio State for a year

sculpin01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now you can spawn your own Elegance corals at home,it's in new coral magazine .1 day we won't need the ocean for any coral ,we will all know how to do it ourself and the ocean can repair itself ,and all corals will be 5 dollars no matter what kind it is..lol
Manipulation of annual temperature and solar cycles alongside monthly lunar cycles creates a system that enables us to observe up to 12 spawning events per year for each of our target species. We need moon spawning fixture in our lights that will help us do this ,We need new lights to have this option.
C9587FE3-1A1B-41A9-A596-07558EB5306A.jpeg
This spawn occurred in Dr. Jamie Craggs home tank which uses standard Apex programming and Apex moonlights to achieve this. It’s very doable.

sculpin01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You just need to use the seasonal tables in Apex_local. They will control the day lights, moonlights, and water temperature. That’s really all you need to do to prepare for a spawn (except controlling for artificial light at night), but you have to run your tank that way for ~3-4 years to convince the corals to spawn. Oh, and have multiple examples of the same species.

Good trouble: Have mushrooms ever become pests in your aquarium?

• Mushrooms would never be pests even if they kept replicating.

Votes: 20 19.4%
  • Mushrooms have not become a pest for me.

Votes: 42 40.8%
  • Mushroom have become overgrown, but not to the point of becoming pests.

Votes: 14 13.6%
  • Mushrooms have become pests in my aquarium.

Votes: 23 22.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.9%
Back