Captive Bred Purple Tang Experience

  • Thread starter Thread starter MKFish_2
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MKFish_2

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2020
Messages
45
Reaction score
15
Location
california
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys! I have seen some captive bred purple tangs popping up online for sale and was wondering if anyone had had any experience with them as of late? I have a system I’d like to add one to. Thanks!
 
When you go captive bred, they are already used to "tank" life per say. They are tank raised from hatching and have been fed prepared foods. You also don't get fish collected using unethical practices like cyanide use. Captive bred fish are hardier and already adapted to living in a glass box.
 
Bumping this as I’m considering a CB purchase as well.

Where did you see them for sale?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new