Captive-bred Tank-raised Fish EXCLUSIVELY

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just checked your site and noticed that many are not listed as you mentioned. I am interested in the DaVinci pair. Do you have any pics of them? Thanks!

Just one pair available at the moment, more coming this week, this is the current pair:

I wonder if a captive bred coral beauty is less likely to nip at corals compared to their wild-caught cousins?

I think they are less nippy in our experience, but just like the wild collected ones each fish has it's own personality to some extent. Certainly the tank-raised clown triggers fir example have a different personality in our experience, along with the dottybacks and others that are captive-bred and tank-raised.

Bradley Keck

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just one pair available at the moment, more coming this week, this is the current pair:

I think they are less nippy in our experience, but just like the wild collected ones each fish has it's own personality to some extent. Certainly the tank-raised clown triggers fir example have a different personality in our experience, along with the dottybacks and others that are captive-bred and tank-raised.

I love the DaVinci breed! I will keep a watch out for what you get in. I just added two fish a week apart, so I need to let the biofilter adjust for a couple of weeks before adding anything else. It is interesting to see if there are differences in behavior of captive bred species. I was watching the yellow tang video, and one thing is for sure, they did not loose their semi-aggressiveness. LOL! Good to know about the coral beauty. I love their color! I have all small frags right now, but once my reef has grown out to bigger colonies, I might have to chance adding a dwarf angel, and would rather get captive bred. Thanks for the reply!

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the DaVinci breed! I will keep a watch out for what you get in. I just added two fish a week apart, so I need to let the biofilter adjust for a couple of weeks before adding anything else. It is interesting to see if there are differences in behavior of captive bred species. I was watching the yellow tang video, and one thing is for sure, they did not loose their semi-aggressiveness. LOL! Good to know about the coral beauty. I love their color! I have all small frags right now, but once my reef has grown out to bigger colonies, I might have to chance adding a dwarf angel, and would rather get captive bred. Thanks for the reply!

Yep, the Yellow tangs were separated after the video to individual quarters, no change there on aggression toward each other

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant find the yellow tang on your website. I also want an orchid dottyback and a few inverts

Not all the fish are posted on the site, the list I posted here is up to date. Just send us an email and we can get your order put together, [email protected]

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looking for a captive bred Pinnatus Batfish. Have you had any luck bringing them in from Indo and successfully keeping them? If so. I'd really like to locate a healthy specimen. Let me know if this is a possibility from you.

Haven't seen them available recently, got a few several years ago and never had any better luck with those than the wild collected ones.

DeniseAndy

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you ever get pink skunks in? I would want a clutch of 5 babies.

I am trying to keep all my new fish captive bred. May be a struggle, but should have almost 90% captive bred.

Back