Car audio?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jonny
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None
In 2000, I won the db drag racing world finals in the 2 woofer super street class. I should have won in 2001 in the 4 woofer super street class but the battery box broke loose while the car was on the car carrier and i had to disassemble the system to get the car off and reassemble the system inside the convention center. Unfortunately a pinched RCA cable between the 7th and 8th amp sent me home. I gave up that hobby to pursue reef aquariums.

2000 system (approx 164 db) was 16 Crossfire 1000w class D Amplifiers running 2 Cerwin Vega Stroker 18" dual voice coil subs (8 - 8v Trojan Batteries)
2001 system (approx 170 db) was 16 Memphis 2400w class D Amplifiers running 4 Treo CSX 15" quad voice coil subs (12 - 8v Trojan Batteries)

The 1982 VW Rabbit had dual 300w alternators from Ohio Generators and it ran the batteries as a 16v system. Don't really have pics because you really never wanted others to know what you were running around the country.

This made funny things happen in my pants...LOL thats really impressive..I really wish I had the money for all of my hobbies lol
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 19.4%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 40 31.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.8%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 19 14.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new