Carbon bags and supplement dosing

Pennekampdream

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Apr 25, 2022
Messages
44
Reaction score
36
Location
Miami
What state or country do you live in
Florida
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I started to ask the following question and now after noticing past comments I’m even more confused.
Originally I wanted to know if the Chemi-pure carbon bag I’ve been using in my AIO rear sump could reduce the effectiveness of a supplement like all-for-reef additive for my corals?
Now I’m wondering about HLLE correlation to carbon dust particles. Should I be concerned. Can someone comment on both.
 
Granular activated carbon will bind some trace elements and may add others. But I would not use that as a reason to not use GAC.

Chemipure is not just GAC, however. Which chemipure?
 
Granular activated carbon will bind some trace elements and may add others. But I would not use that as a reason to not use GAC.

Chemipure is not just GAC, however. Which chemipure?
 

Attachments

  • IMG_3566.jpeg
    IMG_3566.jpeg
    201.3 KB · Views: 19
I do not know if the GAC in that product will contribute to HLLE, but if my fish had it, I would not use that material.

I would not worry much about binding AFR components, but it may bind some of the trace elements to the GFO in that product.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.1%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 21 21.6%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 29 29.9%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new