Carbon inside tank

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, not sure if this is an emergency or not but just to be safe I’m posting it here. My 40g breeder isn’t attached to a sump or skimmer. Water was looking a little cloudy so I decided to add some ROX .8 carbon in a media bag and put it in the job filter. Next thing I know there’s a bunch of carbon in the tank. I hadn’t secured the drawstring good enough I guess. Ive netted and siphoned out as much as I can but can’t get it all. I have a small royal gamma in there, no meds yet just observing right now. She’s going to be in there 2 months but I want to make sure she is safe.
please advise, thanks

piranhaman00

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my tanks is second hand. If I stir the built in sump around during cleaning pieces of carbon get stirred up and shot into the display. I’ve never had carbon in it..no idea how old that stuff is but I cannot get it all out haha no problem!

OP
OP
Doglips56

Doglips56

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
One of my tanks is second hand. If I stir the built in sump around during cleaning pieces of carbon get stirred up and shot into the display. I’ve never had carbon in it..no idea how old that stuff is but I cannot get it all out haha no problem!
Good to know. I’m new at this and just went through losing a couple of fish I think to dinos but not sure. A lawnmower blenny and a tang. Don’t want to kill the fish I just got yesterday!

Ingenuity against algae: Do you use DIY methods for controlling nuisance algae?

• I have used DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 40 47.6%
  • I use commercial methods for controlling algae, but never DIY methods.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • I have not used commercial or DIY methods for controlling algae.

Votes: 19 22.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 7.1%
Back