Carbon or no carbon?

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is over 6 months old. Mainly lps. But i got some softies. 2 toadstool one still small, and the other one getting a good size. I got a lot of hammers, torches etc. i dose all for reef daily. And i do my water changes every 3 weeks 43 gallons if 150G water volume. But i noticed that when i hot the 3 week mark my corals looks sad till i do the water change. Should i be running carbon reaction? If im going that long without water changes? And should i be worried of HLLE if i have tangs

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My tank is over 6 months old. Mainly lps. But i got some softies. 2 toadstool one still small, and the other one getting a good size. I got a lot of hammers, torches etc. i dose all for reef daily. And i do my water changes every 3 weeks 43 gallons if 150G water volume. But i noticed that when i hot the 3 week mark my corals looks sad till i do the water change. Should i be running carbon reaction? If im going that long without water changes? And should i be worried of HLLE if i have tangs
How about water change every two weeks instead? :)

You can try with carbon- but if you get good response from your water changes, maybe that's the way to go instead?

OP
OP
Notsolostfish

Notsolostfish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How about water change every two weeks instead? :)

You can try with carbon- but if you get good response from your water changes, maybe that's the way to go instead?
I try to do it every 2 weeks but sometimes with the work schedule its hard

F4u-SuperCorsair

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I do water changes every week. As for the carbon, you can interchange it for water changes. I only run carbon to absorb toxins.

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carbon 24/7. If youare worried about HLLE, use a reactor and carbon like red sea's as that has practically no dust

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 12.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 7.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 14.6%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 91 58.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 7.0%
Back