CarbonDoser 1.0 durability

Rimsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi. I would like to know what lifetime (durability) should be expected from the old version 1 of the CarbonDoser. I grabbed a used one from eBay, seems to be the very first 1.0 version because of the type of co2 tubing connector (not quick fit) and pictures I have seen are at leas 8 years old.

I wonder if it is well cared, if it should last longer, what is the typical maintenance in order to extend its lifetime, what should I consider replacing or at least checking, if anything, what to inspect when I get it, etc.

Thanks a lot!

ca1ore

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lack of replies suggests nobody knows the answer. You be better inquiring of the manufacturer. I’ve had my original version for about 5 years and it’s still running fine …..

OP
OP
Rimsky

Rimsky

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lack of replies suggests nobody knows the answer. You be better inquiring of the manufacturer. I’ve had my original version for about 5 years and it’s still running fine …..
Thanks ca1lore. Your feedback helps me make a good guess that probably they last very very long and I should not worry too much about buying a used one, assuming it was not abused, let get wet or liquid go back the check valve, etc.

eraser2001

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
My was doing great after 6 years. It started to leak co2 from where is the know, and it died in a weekend, so I ordered one regulator with selenoid from Amazon. After that I just replaced the co2 regulator. I bouth from a local welder store and swapped.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 24 14.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 23 13.9%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 96 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 11 6.6%
Back