Cardinal with eggs

I Take Cars

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure if this is what it is or why his mouth has turned white? Never seen this before but from what i have read its eggs. It looks like he is holding eggs or babies? Thanks in advance.

melypr1985

totally addicted
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he still eating? If he is, then he's not holding babies in there. Adding vitamins to his food (Selcon, vitachem) would help him naturally heal any infection or injury on his own. That is, if he's not holding eggs and is still eating.

OP
OP
I Take Cars

I Take Cars

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is he still eating? If he is, then he's not holding babies in there. Adding vitamins to his food (Selcon, vitachem) would help him naturally heal any infection or injury on his own. That is, if he's not holding eggs and is still eating.
Not eating in over a week... looking better today though

Lionfish Lair

Renee
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't realize that was a video!!!! It's not until you run your mouse over it, does a play button appear.

I would guess that's eggs too. There's something going on with his lip. Maybe something happened during egg transfer or it could be totally unrelated. Hopefully that will resolve on his own. These are tough times for mouthbrooders, as he won't be eating for a bit and their health status can decline some. Not a great time to be dealing with a lip issue.

Last edited:

Making aqua concoctions: Have you ever tried the Reef Moonshiner Method?

• I currently use the moonshiner method.

Votes: 14 21.5%
  • I don’t currently use the moonshiner method, but I have in the past.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have not used the moonshiner method.

Votes: 49 75.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%

Back