Carnation/chilli coral keepers out there ??

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey all, I've been itching to try one. I know there nps and require feeding. Anyone here keeping one ? Tips , experience with these coral ?
How big of a tank are you planning to set up, because it determines what type of equipment you will need. For starters. I have chili corals which is one of the simplest for almost over two years and counting. Let us know what size tank you're planning to start with.

Dr. Dendrostein

Marine fish monthly
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also keep in mind, Australia is no longer open for corals at this time, Indonesia no more wild chorals coming out by July on. And to top things off with a pandemic less soft corals coming in. So whatever corals you keep you got to have the mentality that they're the last ones on Earth and so very precious.

dennis romano

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a NPS tank with sponges, sea fans, and other critters. The chili coral is relatively easy for a NPS. They prefer a shaded spot like in a cave, hung upside-down, with moderate flow. During the day, they don't look like much. At night, they swell up and extend white polyps. At this time, you can feed them small pods or rotifers. Carnations are much harder. If not fed constantly, they shrivel up and die. They are definitely not for a beginner.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 121 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.2%
Back