carpet anemone and mandarin

ChrisfromBrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do I have to worry about the carpet (that I got with my tank- not by choice) eating my mandarin? I read somewhere that mandarins have some kind of slime layer that keeps away predators.

Clowns love him but he’s slowly moving around. I don’t have a ton of corals but will promptly get him out of there if he kills my livestocks.

exnisstech

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've lost several fish to a carpet in my 180g including a fox face, powder blue and a picaso trigger. I think something caused them to dart into the nem. Two died from stings covering their body. One was devoured and the skeleton spit out. That said I have a large blue haddoni in a reefer 170 and the possum wrasse and coral beauty have been fine for almost a year. I have a clarkii hosting in the nem so that may help. I think a mandarin will be ok because they are not really darty and don't spend time free swimming but there's always a risk I think

OP
OP
ChrisfromBrick

ChrisfromBrick

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've lost several fish to a carpet in my 180g including a fox face, powder blue and a picaso trigger. I think something caused them to dart into the nem. Two died from stings covering their body. One was devoured and the skeleton spit out. That said I have a large blue haddoni in a reefer 170 and the possum wrasse and coral beauty have been fine for almost a year. I have a clarkii hosting in the nem so that may help. I think a mandarin will be ok because they are not really darty and don't spend time free swimming but there's always a risk I think
thanks, yea the previous owner made a big mistake of adding a haddoni to a 69g tank!

Building with glass and silicone: Have you ever built a tank or had a custom tank built?

• I have built an aquarium.

Votes: 29 15.1%
  • I have had a custom tank built.

Votes: 44 22.9%
  • I have never built a tank or had a custom tank built.

Votes: 111 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.2%
Back