Carpet anemone in power head

Mikemilly245

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 15, 2023
Messages
307
Reaction score
93
Location
Us
What state or country do you live in
Indiana
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had a power outage last night and I think that’s the cause to all this. Woke up lights were on all night and this …
IMG_2301.jpeg


All I really wanna know is will it recover once it walks out? It’s a big one like 8+inches fully extended. I really love this thing. What should I do? I’m not gonna pry at it or anything. I have power head covers too but took them off recently because of flow issues 💔 HELP
 
It depends on how much or if it was injured. You can pull the powerhead out with the nem still in it, put it in a bucket and very gently remove it from the powerhead.
 
IMG_2323.jpeg


Update : it’s finally out of the powerhead. Still a big chunk left in there. This is what’s left. Tips on caring for it? It looks pretty bad but people are saying 110% chance of survival if done right just want some pointers on how to nurse back to health

Foot seems untouched mostly just tissue , I don’t think it got the mouth either
 
Very resilient inhabitant.
Do nothing but leave power head off.
If he stays stuck by foot, that’s a great news.
He will work his way out
 
Very resilient inhabitant.
Do nothing but leave power head off.
If he stays stuck by foot, that’s a great news.
He will work his way out
Looking at it now it’s so hard to believe he will ever be the same… I mean he was massive didn’t ever think he’d even float
I think foot is sticking
 
Looking at it now it’s so hard to believe he will ever be the same… I mean he was massive didn’t ever think he’d even float
I think foot is sticking
Zero you can do, without the risk of further stress or damage.

He may have let go when flow was interrupted, and drifted into the wave maker.

Not overly unusual.

Let’s see what 24 hours brings.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DO YOU USUALLY CHECK FIRST WHEN YOU LOOK AT YOUR REEF?

  • A particular fish I enjoy watching

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The fish population—making sure everyone is accounted for

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Coral extension, color, or growth

    Votes: 11 45.8%
  • Recent additions or other changes

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Water clarity or the surface

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Equipment and water movement

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Signs of algae, pests, or trouble

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • I just enjoy the whole scene

    Votes: 3 12.5%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 2 8.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new