Carpet vs Bubble Tip Nem

Steven9194

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stuck between getting a Bubble tip or a carpet nem. I’ve done my research on both and both have pros and cons, however I cannot make up my mind. I was hoping to hear from others about which they would recommend.

125g reef tank, currently with only soft coral, however I plan to do a nice verity or coral in the future.

mtraylor

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Carpet is more likely to eat your small fish, and bubble is not. Both are beautiful. Placement of both is a little different. For me. It all depends on rock layout and howuch real estate you would have for the carpet. They get big

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wayyyy more light needed for some of the carpets.

Armt350

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've found bubble tips to be more friendly to a tanks inhabitants... but they can get just as big as a Haddons. In years of having bubble tips I think I have only ever lost a shrimp or two to it(even then I'm not certain it was the anemone) They also have a more diverse color spectrum.

As a side note a lot of people mention size, and sure theoretically the carpet will be bigger. But all 3 BTA's I've had all ended up basketball sized or larger.

IMG_2184.JPG

Kmst80

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stuck between getting a Bubble tip or a carpet nem. I’ve done my research on both and both have pros and cons, however I cannot make up my mind. I was hoping to hear from others about which they would recommend.

125g reef tank, currently with only soft coral, however I plan to do a nice verity or coral in the future.
Maybe include mini maxi and adhesive anemones into your decision. Both are similar to Carpet anemones but the don't get as big. I got 3 Mini Maxis and 2 Adhesives in my 200 gallon with mixed reef corals around them. Got a Bta too and a Tube nem, all behaving relatively good.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 20 13.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 22 15.1%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 83 56.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 10 6.8%
Back