CaRx out of control

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you describe these settings in a controller setting like the Apex (preferably), PLEASE?

I have only used a few of Neptunes first versions of APEX, most of my experience with Neptune Systems is with their older Aqua Controllers
If you want to know program language it is still the same I believe.

You are using a electronic carbon doser ? or needle valve for CO2 control?

If you want to do it the original way, while tuning, Set your regulator or whatever outlet that is assigned for calcium reactor pH control to be on unless pH drops to 6.3 (this may change, just using as a safety precaution/ temp fallback)

So (PH1 =reactor pH ) (outlet #= whichever outlet has been assigned for pH control)

if PH 1 <6.3 Outlet# OFF

If PH1 >6.4 Outlet # ON

During tuning you will most likely not hit these numbers, its temporary safety control only, once the reactor is tuned/reaching tanks mineral demand you will change the shut off pH number to act as a (floor) in relation to the average pH your resulting tune ends up with.

Follow so far?

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I agree also. I plan on it being a 1-2 week process. Normally I prefer 8.5-9 but willing for now to keep it at 9-9.5. Actually there time at 10-11 gave me excellent growth, I’m just scared its to close to issues.
That is riding the edge... precariously...

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 44 21.2%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 72 34.6%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 69 33.2%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 9.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.9%

Back