catching a pistol shrimp?

mainereefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
1,880
Reaction score
173
Location
maine
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ok how do I get a large pistolshrimp out of a 180g tank?

how should it die? predator tank, freezer, the cat??

first off before anyone says how mean it is to kill it... in the past 6 months I have lost my starry blenny,2 helfrichi firefish, and last night 5 min after lights went out it grabbed one of my phantom clowns!!
it was neat? but sucks big time!! I herd a snap looked over the clown was stunned and the shrimp pulled it into a hole under the rocks :(

enough said how do I catch it
 
I actually lost my pistol shrimp last week when my snowflake eel had a staredown with it and then the pistol shrimp shot at the snowflake eel, so the eel swallowed his head and after about 8 more clicks in the tank of the shrimp trying to survive, it was done and totally in the eel's stomach.
 

WHICH FLOW PROBLEM IS HARDEST TO SOLVE IN YOUR REEF?

  • Eliminating dead spots

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Keeping sand from blowing around

    Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Balancing flow for different coral types

    Votes: 11 25.6%
  • Creating random or turbulent movement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Finding effective pump placement

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Managing noise or vibration

    Votes: 2 4.7%
  • Keeping pumps hidden and accessible

    Votes: 3 7.0%
  • I still feel like I’m mostly guessing

    Votes: 9 20.9%
  • Other (Comment in the thread)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new