Cats Nearly Killed My Clown!

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
dang cats, in their frantic 2am sprinting around the house must have tangled themselves in the cords going to my QT. Unplugged the filter and the heater. Fortunately the air pump was left untouched.

Went downstairs to give the fishes their breakfast and the tank temp had dropped to 70f. Plugged everything back in and should be good to go. Needless to say the cords are going to be rearranged and cat proofed.

Multiple times now the very same cats have almost plunged headfirst into my aquarium during maintenance. Once, and only once one smashed it's face into the glass trying to catch a fish.

Anyone else ever have their furred friends misbehave around their fish?

DSC_0201.JPG

OP
OP
Hugh Mann

Hugh Mann

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I only wish they would just watch. Former roommate had a turtle and we had to put a screen top on it, otherwise the cat would perch on the rim and paw at the turtle. After that it just sat on the screen, staring. All day.

Why did humans ever think it was a good idea to invite vicious killers into our homes? Because my two idiots can barely kill a spider between them, let alone a grain silo full of rodents.

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 45 35.4%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 28 22.0%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.1%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.1%
Back