Cats paw looking bad

vcarlyle62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So my tank is about a year in and this beautiful cats paw has been center my tank for about 6 months. It's grown a lot and has been super fluffy and happy looking until now.

Ph 8.03
Alk 9.4
Salinity 1.026
Phos 0.08
Nitrate 3
Calcium 500
Mag >1500 on salifert kit

I use hanna checkers for all but mag

Using noopshyche 3 light with ramping up to 20%white, 90%blues which has kept him happy and growing so far.

I did find tiny spiders on my forest fire digi awhile back which I pulled and abd dipped and haven't seen the. Since. Some on here said they were sps polyp eating spiders. I am pretty sure I got rid of them but is it possible they are sneaky and started munching my cats paw. Not sure, looking for tips.

Any ideas greatly appreciated

20220704_131633.jpg 20220704_131623.jpg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
So my tank is about a year in and this beautiful cats paw has been center my tank for about 6 months. It's grown a lot and has been super fluffy and happy looking until now.

Ph 8.03
Alk 9.4
Salinity 1.026
Phos 0.08
Nitrate 3
Calcium 500
Mag >1500 on salifert kit

I use hanna checkers for all but mag

Using noopshyche 3 light with ramping up to 20%white, 90%blues which has kept him happy and growing so far.

I did find tiny spiders on my forest fire digi awhile back which I pulled and abd dipped and haven't seen the. Since. Some on here said they were sps polyp eating spiders. I am pretty sure I got rid of them but is it possible they are sneaky and started munching my cats paw. Not sure, looking for tips.

Any ideas greatly appreciated

20220704_131633.jpg 20220704_131623.jpg
It’s STN and can be caused by following:
Warm temperature
High salinity
Lack of flow
Change in lighting
Low alk high calcium
Red bugs

I see you noted no pests . Ca a little high and dkh a little lower on scale. Raising alk slightly show bring ca down a little

OP
OP
V

vcarlyle62

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've not seen any pests at any rate. I suppose it's possible they are very hard to see or sneak out in middle on the night. I could take it out and dip it.

STN is lost cause? Should I frag the top parts now to try and save it? Such a shame, been the centerpiece in fro t for awhile now and was growing wonderfully.

It's in a fairly high flow area, enough so polyps get blow around a bit.
No lighting changes, same lights since tank set up. Temp may have swung a bit on my last water change as my rodi water is made in garage and it gets warmer there sometimes. I try to add water over an hour to minimize temp swing but it still went up up to 80, normally 78

Back