Caught in the act....

  • Thread starter Thread starter snowhite
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

snowhite

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Dec 17, 2019
Messages
387
Reaction score
338
Location
Smyrna, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 8 bubbletips and assorted rockflowers in my 90g routinely eat sheds from my shrimp, but they're never eaten an actual shrimp.
 
I've seen this shrimp molt once, but never saw it molt with its antenna intact like that. I'll continue looking for this shrimp but still think the BTA ate it.
 
My shrimp and porcelain crabs molt with the antenna attached...he might shown up in a couple days if it’s a molt!!
I would be so happy if that was the case!
 
This morning one of my bta had shrimp antenna hanging out of its mouth. Just a molt. Glad yours was too!
 
I came down for the daily morning feeding @ 6am and wondered immediately what was sticking out of my BTA. The murderous thing was eating my poor purple banded collar shrimp. Granted that my tank is small (13 gal, the Shrimp was very small and growing and I've had the BTA about 2 months.) RIP Shrimp. So sad. I knew it was a possibility but didn't think it would happen. Tell me about what your Anemone has eaten!

IMG_5871.JPG
im assuming you have the fluval Evo 13.5 ?
 
Whats the odds of that?
IKR? I forgot all about it until I read this thread. Had to get the flashlight out and make sure I still had 2 shrimp! The nem was pretty silly looking with those big old antennas.
 
I came down for the daily morning feeding @ 6am and wondered immediately what was sticking out of my BTA. The murderous thing was eating my poor purple banded collar shrimp. Granted that my tank is small (13 gal, the Shrimp was very small and growing and I've had the BTA about 2 months.) RIP Shrimp. So sad. I knew it was a possibility but didn't think it would happen. Tell me about what your Anemone has eaten!

IMG_5871.JPG
Not a Molt?
 
My sebae ate a kole tang. It didn’t end well for either.
 

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 4 12.5%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 15 46.9%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 8 25.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new