Caviar anyone? Blue green chromis spawning!

  • Thread starter Thread starter Seancj
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Seancj

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
May 7, 2017
Messages
1,371
Reaction score
1,448
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was about to start cleaning the front glass when I noticed my chromis acting what appeared to sporadic behavior. Then I saw the eggs! They have been at it for over an hour now. I was about to move out this school of chromis last week, but I'm glad I didn't! This is fun to see! The tank must be doing well as my orange skunks are spawning, the pink skunks are spawning, the black storm clowns are spawning......!
 
WOW!!! that is so flippin cool! What an awesome tank, what size is it and how long as it been active cause it is stunning!
 
WOW!!! that is so flippin cool! What an awesome tank, what size is it and how long as it been active cause it is stunning!
Thank you! This tank has been up and running for a couple of months. I consolidated my 3 smaller tanks into this one 360 gallon reef. The smaller tanks had been running for about 3 years or so.
Here's a video of the entire tank:
 
They are still going at it! Female lays, male fertilizes.....well over an hour now. Lots of eggs on this rock now.
I feel kinda bad for the female as she is constantly chasing off the other fish who want fresh eggs! She's going to be exhausted after all this.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new