CBS with other shrimp?

Reef Breeder 2013

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Oct 30, 2024
Messages
265
Reaction score
99
Location
Guadalajara
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a CBS (Coral Banded Shrimp) in my 20 gallon, and have been having problems with Aiptasias, so I would like to add a Pepper Shrimp and also a Blood Red Fire Shrimp. I've read that CBS might kill other shrimp, but I've honestly never had any problems with it. Now, what really worries me is when the shrimp molt, as they will be weak and that would be the perfect time to attack.
 
I’ve never had luck with CBS and other shrimp, it worked for a while but eventually the CBS killed the other shrimps. It was in a 5ft 140 gallon tank so you’d think there would be enough room but they are feisty
 
I’ve never had luck with CBS and other shrimp, it worked for a while but eventually the CBS killed the other shrimps. It was in a 5ft 140 gallon tank so you’d think there would be enough room but they are feisty
Well, my CBS only fights with my female Clown, but in fact the Clown is the one who starts the battle.
 
I had a CBS and a few Peppermint Shrimp in my last tank (a 90g) with no issues. But I'm not going to tempt fate with my next. It's too bad because those CBS are beautiful creatures.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 7 50.0%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 2 14.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 7.1%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new