CC Heaven and Hell Millipora+ Mini Update!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
how's this thing settling in? I'm kicking myself for not getting a piece :(

gar732

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^agreed. I'd love to see some pics. None of my sps are happy since I went nano but I would hopefully like to pick this up once I upgrade.

TopNotchCorals

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
right on, thanks bud :DI take it these shipped out? Lets see the goodies!! I need to live vicariously :xd:
should be getting it Thursday. If it looks half as good as the pic I'll be satisfied.

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ian, I have it as well...I'll cover you if bayreefer can't for some reason. The color is pretty muted, probably from fragging and shipping stress but it is a healthy looking piece. I just love the white polyps that look to go turquoise down the base. Mine is cream base up into a light pink and a dark red tip. I'll shoot a picture when my lights come on...but like I said, the colors are muted from shipping plus I have yet to mount it anywhere. I may re-do my rock scape next week a bit so I am waiting to mount it after that. This one should be stellar as it grows into a large colony. I think so many of our 'frags' don't show their true color potential until they get to be a good size mini colony, which can take a year or more for some of the slower growing pieces. Goody's shots of the other milli in that other thread are really telling about how nice somethign will look once it gets big!! These pieces will certainly morph colorwise but they are gorgeous none the less. I love milliporas and if this one gets even half as nice as the original picture (which is just the sickest picture of all) I will be quite pleased.

Ian

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...if this one gets even half as nice as the original picture (which is just the sickest picture of all) I will be quite pleased.

agreed, no matter what it's going to grow up to be a sick piece. Surely a must have :xd:

slojmn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a few shots of the HnH from the Cherry factory :D. Its not extending its polyps as much as I'd like but its not in much flow either...just hanging out on the frag rack for a few weeks.

Cherry Corals H n H Milli 6-10-13 sm.jpg
Cherry Corals H n H Milli B 6-10-13 sm.jpg

Rocky Mountain Frags

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took a few shots of the HnH from the Cherry factory :D. Its not extending its polyps as much as I'd like but its not in much flow either...just hanging out on the frag rack for a few weeks.

Cherry Corals H n H Milli 6-10-13 sm.jpg Cherry Corals H n H Milli B 6-10-13 sm.jpg

That's a nice sized frag, Alicia! Hope mine is the same size. Gets here tomorrow. :bigsmile:

Ian, I've got your back as well.

Last edited:

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry, but is it just me or does the picture of your frag look nothing like the original colony picture???

Cherry Corals H n H Milli 6-10-13 sm.jpg Cherry Corals H n H Milli B 6-10-13 sm.jpg

Waynel333

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know. I have a 300 gallon filled with them. It pretty surprising to see a frag brown out that quickly just from less than a 24 hour shipping period, that is assuming it came in that color. I guess only time will tell if it'll color back up anywhere near the glory of the original picture.

That's not how SPS work.

It takes some time for them to color up, open up, and grow up. ;)

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

That is a HUGE frag!!! I should have jumped on. It's like buy one get four free!!!

Reefermadness73

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mine did the same thing, got it on Friday but color has been improving every day

CherryCorals

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im sorry, but is it just me or does the picture of your frag look nothing like the original colony picture???

Hi Wayne, after reviewing the Wolverine acro thread I think you should be quite familiar with the coloring up process of acropora.

Mommy still has her color and I am sure the frags will come along nicely, here is an iphone pic in our AI Vega tank from last week.

buddythelion

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can see it in the preview when I click the photobucket link, but it shows grey. :(

You guys better be making more of this one in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 89 80.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 4.5%
Back