CDA 180/225 owners show me your sumps!

AaronFReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a CDA 225g on order and need to see what your setups look like. I have never seen the electrical cabinet backside for example and wonder how much room for what length of sump there is. Say hi so I can track your build thread if you got em. Seen some good ones in @Gablami and @Billldg ’s setups so thanks for those.

Tom Stevens

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you look on the CDA site the picture of the 180 builder is my tank. The sump shown is a Trigger cr44. That should give you a good sense of space.

BD8833C1-4F3B-4C2E-825B-601956C7520F.png

outhouse

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of us long term large tank owners have rooms or basement sumps set up. Its a great way to have room to work and a quiet tank. My 210 is almost silent in the living room. You can barely hear water which is great, and the low hum of the MP 40's turned down to 75%. I have a rubbermaid 100g stock tank for a sump, and another one next to it for mixing salt in. Takes my literally 10 minutes to do a 100g water change

OP
OP
AaronFReef

AaronFReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Most of us long term large tank owners have rooms or basement sumps set up. Its a great way to have room to work and a quiet tank. My 210 is almost silent in the living room. You can barely hear water which is great, and the low hum of the MP 40's turned down to 75%. I have a rubbermaid 100g stock tank for a sump, and another one next to it for mixing salt in. Takes my literally 10 minutes to do a 100g water change
Thanks. This is in my very long term plan. I have a slab poured behind the wall of the tank with electrical and plumbing run but turns out finishing building that new room doubles the cost of purchase ;) so I figure I can move filtration some day in the future when it’s built.

For now I have to use an in-stand sump though. On some previous owner’s experience I’m leaning to a 48” model.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 40 41.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 21 21.9%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 33 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.1%
Back