centerpiece fish for flex 32.5

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone! Im looking to add a centeripiece fish to my flex 32.5. Id like to add something with color and a personality, I'm drawn towards dwarf angels but given the size tank I have im not sure how well that would work. I recently lost my longnose hawkfish and from what I can gather he just didnt have enough room. im open to any suggestions you all may have! I currently have 2 clowns, a scissortail dartfish and a pink spot goby.

ScubaFish802

Just keep swimming
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Midas or another blenny
Pair of Clownfish
Some type of Cardinals
A Goby and Pistol Shrimp pair
A bight colored basslet

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning everyone! Im looking to add a centeripiece fish to my flex 32.5. Id like to add something with color and a personality, I'm drawn towards dwarf angels but given the size tank I have im not sure how well that would work. I recently lost my longnose hawkfish and from what I can gather he just didnt have enough room. im open to any suggestions you all may have! I currently have 2 clowns, a scissortail dartfish and a pink spot goby.
I have a flex 32. After a lengthy debate with my wife, we went with a coral beauty (I wanted the Pygmy). He is an outstanding citizen and is constantly cruising the various tunnels and caves we built into the rock work.

While there are risks to keeping dwarf angels in a reef system, it is still doable. Just be mindful of the risk.

OP
OP
J

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a flex 32. After a lengthy debate with my wife, we went with a coral beauty (I wanted the Pygmy). He is an outstanding citizen and is constantly cruising the various tunnels and caves we built into the rock work.

While there are risks to keeping dwarf angels in a reef system, it is still doable. Just be mindful of the risk.
i really enjoy the african flame back angel which is i believe a little larger than the pgmy angel but around the same size as the coral beauty so maybe i could grab that, whatre your thoughts?

paragrouper

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i really enjoy the african flame back angel which is i believe a little larger than the pgmy angel but around the same size as the coral beauty so maybe i could grab that, whatre your thoughts?
They were on our short list. At the time, I couldn’t find any. I think they are a great looking fish.

OP
OP
J

Jpiotro

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They were on our short list. At the time, I couldn’t find any. I think they are a great looking fish.
i think I'll go with a flameback. I tried to have one months and months ago but I was still learning then and I had my tank overstocked. hopefully this time around itll be much better

Looking back to your reefing roots: Did you start with Instant Ocean salt?

• I started with Instant Ocean salt.

Votes: 163 73.4%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt, but I have used it at some point.

Votes: 17 7.7%
  • I did not start with Instant Ocean salt and have not used it.

Votes: 38 17.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.8%
Back