Centropyge colini in a reef tank?

  • Thread starter Thread starter saltyhog
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

saltyhog

blowing bubbles somewhere
View Badges
Joined
Jan 2, 2014
Messages
9,413
Reaction score
15,938
Location
Conway, Arkansas
What state or country do you live in
Arkansas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have seen this touted as a "reef safe" dwarf angel. Anyone have any experience with them. I've tried a dwarf before and it didn't end well (Flameback that was great for 8 months and then discovered acans). Appreciate any incite you could share.
 
I would venture to guess no, as I have yet to hear of any Centropyge that is %100 reef safe. Granted this is the first time I have seen this fish so if you happen to discover otherwise I would love to know as that's a gorgeous animal!
 
Colini is a pretty cryptic species and I have found the cryptic species to be more likely to nip.
 
Thanks TJ! If it was on the other end of the scale I might take a chance but with that info I think I'll pass. Room for more wrasses!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 8 6.8%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 23 19.7%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 37 31.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.9%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.5%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 9 7.7%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 16 13.7%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.7%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new