Ceramic Tile as tank bottom?

  • Thread starter Thread starter iParadoxus
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

iParadoxus

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 10, 2020
Messages
27
Reaction score
60
Location
Ideally, somewhere tropical
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 10-gal nano housing a leather coral that I kept after taking down a 125 gal tank.
I added sand to the nano a few weeks ago because I was getting sick of a bare bottom tank and promptly was reminded of why I don't like sand beds :/
Needless to say, the sand bed is coming out next water change. I don't really want a bare bottomed tank again, so I was considering using some ceramic or natural stone tile to make the tank look a little nicer. However, I'm unsure of how reef-safe ceramic or natural stone tile would be.
Has anyone successfully tried this before?
 
Ceramic tiles should be fine, but they will tend to get covered in marine growth.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new