Cetus 2 LED Fixture

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Based on the testing and use of the Cetus on a few of our tanks I would say that would be plenty for SPS on that size aquarium.

You can flip the included brackets 90° and use the 16" end plates to narrow the fixture down, no problem.

I think the 24" with 2 of the Cetus will be plenty. The only hesitation is the following.

The 24" will cover the existing dimensions, but is there any chance you may upgrade in the future? For the cost difference of the 24" and the 36", it might be better to go with the 36" and 2 Cetus. Just thinking of the future.

All the parts to hold the LED are included. The Cetus actually go in through the bottom of the included bracket. You expand the arms slightly, slide the Cetus into the bracket and then close the arms around the Cetus. Its not going anywhere after installed.

Let me know if you have additional questions. I have a few here installed over my FOWLER tank now so I can take a few photos if you would like.

Excellent! Thanks for the reply. I don’t see any upgrades around here.
I have gone from a 220 display and several hundred gallons of frag tanks in my basement a few years ago to none for the last several months. Can’t stand none so working on this little build.
Pics would be great! Thanks again

H2Ocooled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm still putting parts together for my new tank setup, the tank is 32" long x 24" wide, it will be a mixed reef setup. I'm thinking about going with the 24" T5 setup with 2 Cetus2 LED setup you have on Amazon. But I found someone selling one of the Grassycore units new for a great price. So I'm wondering if you would recommend the 2 Cetus setup or the 1 Grassycore with the 24" T5? It would seem to me that I would get more even coverage with the 2 Cetus units than the 1 Grassycore unit but I have no experience with them. Thanks!

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

Aquarium Equipment Company
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Having used both, I like the Cetus 2 as the LED are clustered tighter together. I see no disco of colors with the Cetus 2. Also, with the adjustable bracket of the Hybrid for the Cetus 2 I think you might find it better to move the LED around more. The Grassy Core is an all in one fixture so it would likely only be centered. Couple of photos that I owe you. This is a 36" fixture.

IMG_1721.JPG IMG_1722.JPG

H2Ocooled

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Having used both, I like the Cetus 2 as the LED are clustered tighter together. I see no disco of colors with the Cetus 2. Also, with the adjustable bracket of the Hybrid for the Cetus 2 I think you might find it better to move the LED around more. The Grassy Core is an all in one fixture so it would likely only be centered. Couple of photos that I owe you. This is a 36" fixture.

Awesome thank you.

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

So you can turn those around and narrow the fixture as well?

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just the 16" end plate or the 16" decorative cover that includes the end plate.
Good grief! Been doing my research. Decided this is the route to go and apparently there has been a price increase in the last couple of days. I give up.
A heads up would have been appreciated.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
Good grief! Been doing my research. Decided this is the route to go and apparently there has been a price increase in the last couple of days. I give up.
A heads up would have been appreciated.

I’m not aware of any price changes to the fixture combos. I will check with sales and get back to you.

OP
OP
AquaticLifeProducts

AquaticLifeProducts

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
0   0   1
BRS and Amazon with thes Cetus units on 36” have gone up $30.00

I just checked the computer and Amazon, the 36" unit with 2 Cetus has been $599.99 since listed. The price increase on the fixture combos has not changed on this item.

BRS is now showing the new pricing for the Hybrid only fixtures, but they do not sell the Cetus LED modules.

RUGDOG

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRSwas 269 on 36” and Amazon was 569 with2 Cetus.
It Is what it is. I need light and I still think this is the one for me.

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 5 21.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 1 4.3%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 16 69.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 4.3%
Back