Chad's Reefer-S 850 Build

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love the build but can I ask have you not had a noise issue with the skimmer? I had one and it drove me crazy how loud it was!

OP
OP
S

smariner007

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's not turned on yet. My Sicce 9 is louder than I expected; it may be a louder pump than I'm used to, but has a constant hum that is noticeable.

RightSpeech

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you mount the center light from the rear? I feel like I'm seeing a cutout from the overflow cover in the pic with light mounted that wasn't there in the pick before lights were mounted but I may be an idiot

darrylsc

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did you mount the center light from the rear? I feel like I'm seeing a cutout from the overflow cover in the pic with light mounted that wasn't there in the pick before lights were mounted but I may be an idiot
The cover is scored for the cutout - pic attached from my S-850

Attachments

• 20211219_191933.jpg
    20211219_191933.jpg
    292.7 KB · Views: 69

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I managed to convince my financee our new home needs either the Reefer-S 850 or 1000.

I like to overstock tanks... and I also like SPS... probably not a healthy relationship. hehe

Is the only difference between the two size? And is bigger truly better with tanks?

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bigger is better up to a point. I went and made a sheet for each size to see what it would cost because normally each foot added you’ll need more equipment, like lights. We went with a XXL 625 because they didn’t make a 5’ Reefer-S in a 5’. Plus the wife liked having 3 doors instead of four.

I managed to convince my financee our new home needs either the Reefer-S 850 or 1000.

I like to overstock tanks... and I also like SPS... probably not a healthy relationship. hehe

Is the only difference between the two size? And is bigger truly better with tanks?

gobeach

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My 850 just got delivered - I noticed that when I wiggle the tank from end-to-end there’s some movement. I’m used to the old solid wood stands that don’t give at all.

Did you have the same ‘give’ end to end before you put water in the tank? The guys that are building my tank said that once the water is in it’ll be solid.

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Bigger is better up to a point. I went and made a sheet for each size to see what it would cost because normally each foot added you’ll need more equipment, like lights. We went with a XXL 625 because they didn’t make a 5’ Reefer-S in a 5’. Plus the wife liked having 3 doors instead of four.
Bigger is better, unless under a budget is what you're saying lol

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.2%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.0%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back